This has been one of the those great weeks where the weekdays seem to fly by, and the weekend lasts ages. This might be because I didn't go back to placement until Monday morning (rather than Sunday evening), and had Friday off. I spent the week on the surgical ward, plus an afternoon in theatre which was interesting. Then I've spent the weekend at home, enjoying plenty of time in the kitchen or out with Saffy! Here are the little things that I've loved this week...
1. Lunch at Deliciously Ella's Mae Deli in London. I've seen a few reviews of Ella's new deli/ café and lots of mouthwatering photos on instagram and was keen to check it out. My sister and I headed into London on Friday. I usually end up avoiding places while there's lots of hype about them, but we only had to wait five minutes for a table when we turned up at quarter to two - obviously the lunchtime rush had died down. We each had a mixed mae bowl - a selection of four hot and cold dishes - and a Tropical Bloom (I think?!) smoothie. The food was excellent - fresh, colourful, filling and full of flavour, and the deli is beautifully decorated. The only problem? Neither of us can remember quite what we ate, or what what was in the smoothies!
2. Coming home to some pretty finishing touches in my room. I generally only give my family a few hours notice that I'm coming back for the weekend, so it was nice to get into my room and find that my sister had made the bed nicely and put in a candle and some flowers :)
3. Chocolate. Every week of my life features chocolate, of course, but this week I decided to move away from simply buying blocks of Cadbury's and treat myself to a few different things. I've actually only eaten the Green & Blacks Sea Salt - so I guess the other bars will be little things to love next week!
4. Walks in the wood with Saffy. Finally I had the time and the good weather to wander down to the woods with Saffy. The deep mud seems to be keeping people away, so it was wonderfully peaceful and just nice to be out in the fresh air. Unfortunately Saffy also decided to misbehave by running off into the undergrowth at one point, so I rather disturbed the peace by madly chasing after her, jumping and ducking over and under the brambles!
5. Baking fresh bread. Apparently the only essential breadmaking tool is a dough scraper, so I got one this weekend and tested it out while making wholemeal, seeded bread. I'm still very much learning the art of bread making, so a good few hours were spent troubleshooting in the kitchen but it's been thoroughly enjoyable.
6. Being up to date with Suits for the first time EVER. This is quite possibly my favourite TV programme of all time, but I've always been way behind. This week though, the internet behaved itself well enough for me to finally watch all the available episodes of series five... now hopefully it'll stay like that so I can watch Monday night's!
I hope you've had a lovely week - do tell me what things you've been up to!