It feels like I haven't had a chance to even look at this blog for a while - final year of medical school is slightly taking over at the moment! However, I'm bored of revising for upcoming finals and thought it was about time to do a little update. Here are the things I've found time to enjoy this week...
1. Peaceful train journeys. I spent Sunday and Monday at home in London, then got the train back to Bristol late on Monday evening. It's nice to settle myself in the quiet carriage with a magazine, a hot chocolate and my iPod, without any commuters! (I would have enjoyed this journey more though had we not been delayed by signal failures, a train with a smashed window, a train hitting a deer and a train breaking down...)
2. Passing my 'long-case exam'. One of my assessments this year is being observed spending an hour with a patient, finding out why they came into hospital and examining them. Even though I do this often, it's always nerve-wracking having a consultant sat in the corner watching everything you do, so it was a relief to pass it and get some good feedback. Plus the patient told the doctor that I was 'delightful' which was great to hear!
3. Going to Air Hop - a big trampoline park that opened recently in Bristol. A group of us from my placement decided to go along on Friday night and spent an hour bouncing, somersaulting and playing the different games. The venue has 135 interconnected trampolines, plus a foam pit, dodgeball courts, basketball hoops and a Total Wipeout zone. It was the perfect way to let off some steam after a busy week!
4. Fish finger sandwich party. After trampolining, we refuelled with fish finger sandwiches - a new delicacy for me as I don't think I've even had fish fingers for over ten years!
5. Having friends spontaneously drop round for tea. When we're all based in different hospitals all week, it can be hard to find time to see one another, so it was lovely to have a couple of friends pop over for a catch up and cup of tea.
What have you been up to this week?
P.S. I'm only one follower away from 200 on Bloglovin' - so if you're not following me already, fancy clicking on the follow button?! :)