1. Feeling like I've really helped someone. After reading a particularly relatable blog post this week, I emailed the author to give a bit of reassurance. I was worried they might think I was a bit crazy and creepy, so it was so lovely to read a really happy, positive blog post from them the next day thanking everyone who'd helped in some way, plus a lovely email reply. All the good feelings :)
2. Stunning sky. I've woken up to some incredible sunrises this week - the kind that are so unbelievably beautiful I literally have to jump out of bed for a better view. Similarly, there have been gorgeous pinky-purple sunsets as I get home. I might have missed the Lunar eclipse, but the Supermoon has been also looking rather super over the city this week.
3. Teaching. I had the chance to take a couple of second year students to the ward this week for their first hospital placement. It feels like no time at all since I was in their position, so it was nice to pass on some knowledge, as well as realise how far I've come in the time. Plus I got a lovely text to say thank you that evening, making the experience even better.
4. Not missing the bus home on a Friday afternoon. All week I've been walking out of the hospital gates just as my bus pulls away. So at the end of a long week, it was a good feeling to get the stop and have the sign say the bus was a minute away!
5. Not feeling out of my depth. Sometimes in medicine I wonder if I even have a comfort zone because everything feels so challenging. But I spent two days this week in A&E and was perfectly happy seeing patients, presenting them to doctors and even having some idea of what was wrong and what to do! Which is certainly a development from that one time I ran away from A&E at the beginning of third year... (don't worry. no patients came to any harm from my skiving haha).
6. Coding a drop down menu bar without breaking my blog. It's still not perfect, but it was much easier than I expected! All it really took was a bit of pre-planning to get all the links and then I followed this tutorial.
What have you enjoyed this week?