There are few things in life nicer to arrive home to than a beautiful bouquet of flowers (a waggy-tailed canine ranks slightly higher). After a long week of hospital placement, getting back to a gorgeous 'Hot Toddy' bouquet* from Appleyard London was just the thing to put a smile on my face.
And 'just because' is a completely valid excuse for a fancy floral bunch. But just in case you still need a reason to send flowers to a loved one, or yourself, here are a few more ideas...
1. To celebrate the end of the week.
2. To celebrate the start of the week.
3. To say thank you - for something specific, or simply for being a great friend/ parent/ sibling...
4. To make use of an expensive vase - if you've got it, you may as well use it rather than fill it with rubbish!
5. To say 'Congratulations' - on exams, new jobs, engagements or a smaller, but still significant, achievement.
6. To decorate - flowers are perfect for brightening up a living room, bedroom or kitchen. Especially good for rented properties when you're avoid permanent fixtures!
7. For a tea or dinner party - whether as guest or host, a bunch of flowers will always be appreciated.
8. To say 'Welcome Home'
9. Because you've had a tough day/ week/ month. Flowers are a lovely way to cheer yourself up.
10. To inspire - whether that's to be creative and paint them, to act as a blogging prop or simply to work out a colour scheme for a project.
11. And finally, because you can have a 33% discount on luxury bouquets from Appleyard London, using the code BLOG33. What better excuse than that?!
Appleyard London are a boutique florists who provide a flower delivery service across the UK. They have a fabulous selection of stunning flowers, all fresh and hand picked. The 'Hot Toddy' bouquet I picked from their season flowers have beautiful autumnal colours with deep reds and purples.The bouquet arrived on the date I chose, in perfect condition - it couldn't have been simpler to receive.
If you simply can't wait to receive or send flowers, (or are living a little last minute!) you can also get next day flowers from Appleyard London. Just click the link and order.
Having in fresh flowers has quickly become one of my favourites ways to treat myself and brighten up the flat - and I'm sure you know plenty of people who'd also love some!
Let me know what you think - will you be ordering flowers for anyone soon?
*Appleyard London sent me a free Hot Toddy luxury bouquet in order for me to review their service. I was not paid for this post and all opinions are my own, honest thoughts. If I don't genuinely like a product, I won't recommend it!