Well this has been rather an unusual week indeed! I worked my first week of night shifts, so it's been somewhat all over the place the last seven days. They went far better than I expected, although I'm very glad to be done with night-shifts for a while - staying up all night does not come naturally to me at all! Day or night though, here are the little things I've loved this week...
1. Half-price flowers in M&S. They were reduced as they'd reached their sell-by date, but were still looking in perfect condition. I said in my bedroom tour post that I've been sticking to false flowers recently, but this was a bargain too good to pass up.
2. The little boy in the supermarket who gave me a massive grin and an enthusiastic wave on Friday morning. What a cutie.
3. Toasted homemade bread. To save mealtime confusion while working nights, I decided just to make pretty much every meal breakfast. Think beans on toast, scrambled eggs on toast, poached eggs and avocado on toast... All made just that little bit better by having thick slices of chewy, buttery homemade bread that is so much more flavoursome than sliced shop-bought loaves!
5. Rewatching Downton Abbey from the beginning. All the series are on Amazon Prime and I had forgotten just HOW GOOD it is! I'm not a huge TV series watcher, and this is one of the very few series that I actually can't wait to watch the next episode of.
6. Watching as it gets light outside, knowing it means my shift is coming to an end. There was something pretty nice about knowing I'd managed to work through another entire night and that it would only be a few more hours until I could go home!
7. Crisp autumn walks along the river this afternoon. I packed my camera and set out for a stroll along the Thames, capturing the beautiful autumnal scenery in the afternoon sunshine. Blue skies, red leaves and sparkling water - idyllic :)
Hope that you've all had a lovely week!